Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Dip That Remains Nameless



Sautee onions and garlic to taste.  Drain and rinse 1 can black beans.

Mix in processor: beans, sautéed veggies, 2 chipotle peppers (we like it hot, so I keep the seeds in….. add them slowly, cuz they are pretty spicy), 3 T lime juice, ½ t cumin, 2 T water. Mix till very smooth.

Place beans in cute dish.





Make guacamole: 2 avocados, lots of lime juice, salt (I like sea salt here) and a small bunch of cilantro.





Guacamole goes over beans. Shredded cheddar goes over guacamole.

Make a fresh salsa: dice 1 Roma tomato, ½ fresh jalapeno (seeds removed), some cilantro.  Salsa tops it all. Dig in. 

I like to keep the seeds in the chipotle peppers, but I remove them from the jalapeno. 

3 comments:

  1. It may be nameless dip, but I christen it: DELISH DIP!! These are all my favorite flavors...and perfect for Memorial Day entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy this really sounds delicious. It is a perfect dish to serve for the holiday weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. A rose by any other name, and all that...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!