Friday, June 22, 2012

Oven Roasted Potato Wedges



This is my all-time, very favorite way to eat potatoes. I almost didn't share this recipe (it's not really even a recipe, more like a method), but I thought some of you might be interested in this simple preparation. 



Here's what you need:
potatoes
butter
olive oil
salt, pepper

Here's what you do: 
Cut potatoes in wedges. Melt butter and oil in pan. Slather the melted butter/oil all over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. That's it! 

Use an old-fashioned aluminum pan if you can – or baking sheets -  glass does not work well here. 

Keep your oven nice and hot (maybe 400 degrees) and check them every so often so they don’t stick.


Start with skin-side up until the potatoes are cooked all the way through, then turn them, one at a time, skin-side down and continue baking until nice and brown. Be patient and allow them to get kinda chewy and dark. Turn them a few times to get that perfect color.



I actually made 100 portions of these last year for my church’s Vacation Bible School. I baked them in the morning and kept them warm in crock pots for a few hours – they were perfect.

Bring on the ketchup!

3 comments:

  1. I love making potatoes this way! So simple and so yummy! Sometimes I add some spices (like smoked paprika) or some Parm and rosemary - but not always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One hundred portions! That is a lot of potatoes. They do look very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey

    They sound delish!

    Have a great weekend.

    I will try making those potoatoes too

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!