Saturday, November 8, 2014

Curried Tofu - Warm and spicy on a cold November night.



This would be a perfect complement to any Asian or Indian meal. It would also be good on a green salad, maybe with chick peas and fresh sliced tomatoes. I served it with a big pile of rice, cauliflower and peas that I smothered in a bottle of Trader Joe’s Thai Red Curry Sauce.

The recipe calls for a full quarter cup of curry…. I was leery of the amount, but if you like curry, then I encourage you to go for it and use the entire quarter cup. It also uses a lot of cumin seeds which were nice and crunchy. This recipe is modified from "Veganonicon" by the incredible vegan goddess, Isa Chandra Moskowitz. 



Here’s what you need:
3 T rice wine vinegar
2 T olive oil
2 T soy sauce
¼ C curry powder
1 t cumin seeds
1 pound firm or extra firm tofu – sliced and pressed dry

Here’s what you do:

Mix marinade ingredients and smear over tofu. Marinate for at least an hour. Grill or fry in a tiny bit of oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!