Monday, August 17, 2015

Spicy Noodles in Garlic Ginger Sauce



Since the acquisition of an iPhone, I admit my attention span has been drastically reduced. I sit and scroll for long periods of time. I find that I don't read as much. I don't take long walks as often. And for some strange reason, my creative juices have slowed. Can anyone out there relate? Is anyone out there? Are you all on your phones?


Well, I have decided to participate, once again, in the Vegan Month of Food (#veganmofo) and that is no small undertaking! I must put down the phone!  Energy and creativity are the name of the game! Usually, the veganmofo organizers ask us to come up with a snappy theme. Last year my theme was "Poesy and Plate" and I blogged about poetry and food. I must admit - I loved that theme. You can see all my past VeganMoFo blog posts by clicking the link on the right of this page....see them over there? VeganMoFo 2012, VeganMoFo 2013 and VeganMoFo 2014.

More about the 2015 Vegan Month of Food as it draws closer. Stay tuned.

One thing I absolutely LOVE about my iPhone, is the camera. Seriously. Who even needs a camera any more with the iPhone? I snap photos of everything!

Here's a random sampling of photos from my phone:


Last night's salad


















The Founding Fathers with light sabers



















A pretty cow


















A storm coming over West Michigan



















I'm also constantly clicking and saving various recipe ideas. The bad ones eventually get deleted. The good ones get saved. The excellent ones are made in my kitchen. Some even make it to my blog!





I used soba noodles (I have so many in my pantry right now!) I probably doubled some of the vegetable suggestions. And I served this with roasted broccoli. Leftovers were awesome! Most of the sauce is vegetable broth, which keeps it light and thin. Delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my Living Cookbook! I appreciate each and every comment!